The Promise

Our version of The Promise hehehe :)
Personal vows are part of the wedding nowadays particularly on Christian weddings. It makes the marriage consent rites more meaningful and heartfelt. But just recently, the Roman Catholic church have mandated all wedding rites to follow the traditional church ceremony. 

During our submission of the missalette (the guide for our wedding rites), we were informed that personal vows are no longer allowed. We followed suit so we didn't bother to prepare one. 

A day before our wedding, our videographer have inquired if we have personal vows and we informed him that the church no longer allow it. When he asked if we can push through with the vows after the wedding, I automatically said yes. Having done so, I informed Jay of the plan and I told myself to prepare the speech that night. 

I thought it was easy because I am used to impromptu writing. But it was already 11 pm and I have written only one line. After almost giving up and saying to myself I will say to him any idea that will pop in my mind on the spot, I experienced this Eureka moment. This is my dream wedding, and this is my own fairy tale coming true. So what happened next was the avalanche of my thoughts summed up in 3 paragraphs.
Photo courtesy of rareimages by Robert Regala
Shellyn's Message for Jay

I have told you many times before and I will say it again today that you are one of the best things that happened to me. You are my first love and now my last.

Our story was the most romantic novel I’ve ever read, of course in my most biased opinion. You are the protagonist that saved the day when I could not figure out how to recover files in my computer or our door unhinged itself. You are the leading man in the most original boarding house marriage proposal. Just like any story, ours have conflicts and problems but whenever we encounter one, we come out of it stronger and better.


Today, I would like to thank you for choosing me as your heroine. I may not be Bella Swan, Anastasia Steele or Katniss Everdeen, but I will always be your Shellyn, your Mitoy, your Ga that will return every love, care, patience, honor and respect with all of my heart. Together, I want us to end this chapter with "and we live happily ever after". I love you very much Ga, and I thank God every day for writing our love story.

Our ever after, photos by rareimages Robert Regala, contact (63)9183372113
Jay's Message for Shellyn 

Ga, no words can describe what I am feeling today. More than 5 years ago seem just like yesterday. The moment I saw you, I knew you were special. I can’t forget that smile which captured me, that face which kept my heart pounding.


Ever since, we never had a dull moment. Our conversations were meaningful and spontaneous. We can talk about anything and everything we can think of. It always makes my day even for just having a chitchat with you.

We too had our rough times especially when we had been separated by hundreds of miles for almost a year, but we endured, we learned. Through those, I believe we will overcome together any challenge we will be facing in the future.

Ga, you were the truest person I know. You complement me, and there’s nothing more I can wish for than being in front of you today, looking at the most beautiful person that I will care, I will love and will dedicate the whole of myself for the rest of my life.

On this day forward, I vow to become the best husband I can be, whatever it takes. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts