How I Met Her

Note: I never expected I would write this and I jokingly tell her "..and the rest was history" would be enough. Haha. But since I was compelled to do this, I have no choice but to write and describe how I met her.


"Can you be my textmate?" As cheesy and corny as it sounds, that was one of my very first SMS to her. Well, I initially sent her a "forwarded quote" to see if she will reply and fortunately, she did. That was the tactic I planned than immediately asking her to be my textmate. I thought that it would be better. Anyway, that was the start of our virtual and lasting friendship, long before we even met personally.
Collage taken at Davao City, June 2008
Out of the blue, two of my training batchmates in Mitsumi (the company I worked for before wherein we were trained for 6 months :O) told me that they will introduce me to one of their friends. I accepted but basically nothing progressed as those were just petty talk. Until eventually, in the locker area for trainees, it just came out of my mind to ask my batchmate to give me her number. Cathy gladly gave me +639063425509 (remember ko pa ha).


As I was previously a text addict, it was nice to have a new textmate again. I admit, my days as a heavy texter were over but it felt good to be back. We had endless spontaneous conversations ranging from weird to intellectual ones. What’s better in it is that we seem to always have a topic to discuss. We became textmates for quite some time. Eventually, we met personally. As good as I am through the cellphone, I suck big time during meet-ups, and it was by accident that we met by the hallway of our training building. It was a simple Hi…Hello and that was it.
Compostela Cebu, December 2007
Before I knew it, days, hours, minutes and seconds had passed and I invited her to eat. Due to Danao City’s relative seclusion, we do not have the luxury of restaurants to go to thus we just went to Buns ‘n Pizza, a local pizzeria in the Poblacion area. Nevertheless, we had another great time talking, laughing and eating. She even had 4 while I had 2 of the 6-slice pizza we ordered. Haha. https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif



Kawasan Falls, Badian, Cebu, February 2008

From that time on, we frequently see each other as we also live in the same village. We studied for her board exams together ‘till wee hours. All I can say is that our frequencies-slash-wavelength matched leading to a deeper friendship. Being with her is like heaven on earth. :)


...And the rest was history (for real).

Comments

Popular Posts