Sweetest Things

One busy afternoon, in the confines of my workstation, I received a message.
Jay: "Ga, ako si Justin Bieber." (Ga, I am Justin Bieber)
Me: Bewildered. Bracing for the banat ahead. "Ngano man???" (Why?)
Jay: "Kay ikaw man si Shellyn Gomez BOOM" (Because you are Shellyn Gomez BOOM"


My reaction? What else? I chuckled, shared it with my officemates and had more rounds of laughter. It's always fun to have an ice breaker.


Baguio City, February 2010
Sharing moments like this with my fiance is something that I really treasure and appreciate. I know all of you would agree that showing lots of thoughtfulness and sweetness would always make a difference in a relationship. For the past four years and nine months, my fiance would never fail to make gestures of sweetness. The first gift he gave me were Meiji chocolates given to him by their Japanese manager. He was supposed to get one only but through his begging, he was able to convince two people to give up their chocolates so he could give me three. His effort was much sweeter than the chocolates.
Cartooning courtesy of Andrew Calixto and Jill
Not to be outdone, I also had my fair share of cheesy things. I need not elaborate because it might make you puke or worse push you on the edge of extreme corniness. Hehehe. But I always give him cards on our monthsaries. Express my emotions for him thru poems, videos and collages. These little things always elicit warm feelings in me. 
Mt.Tapyas, Coron, Palawan, November 2011
Just as sweet as our endearment "Ga" short for the Ilonggo term palangga meaning love, we had a lifetime to continue sharing mushy things, words and actions and we have until forever to summon ants and bees. ♥♥♥

Comments

Popular Posts