Wooden Anniversary

Lasting relationships are rare finds. In these modern times where breakups could come in a single text, call or tweet having a long-term relationship is as challenging as winning the lottery. Things can easily snap with just a wrong post in Facebook or a wrong SMS sent.
Flower surprise! ♥


I wanted to tell you a fictional story. One day when God gave beauty, I stumbled and was pushed back at the back row. Good thing the next thing God gave was brains. I was lucky to have been past the middle. Yes, this is my story. If you can't take the heat, leave. Haha! So back to my story having beauty and brains many were already contented and left the line. That's when God gave love. Hey, I deserve this. So I grab loads and loads of love. Overwhelmed I left already. One woman told me after I left, God gave riches. My jaw dropped. Moral of the story - don't leave.
Visit at Quiapo Church for Thanksgiving


Now I wanted to tell you a true story. More than five years ago in my deep prayer, I asked God why am I not happy. There is a strong feeling of emptiness which I can't figure out. I have my family even at a distance, I have new friends, I have graduated and was able to find work immediately, and I am earning so I can buy the things I want. So why am I feeling this unexplainable loneliness? I prayed and prayed that He would give me an answer. Then came His answer.
Bell at Quiapo Church captured with halo-like clouds


Five years ago, I met this man who was a total stranger to me. Backread my other entry How I Met Him for the story. How did I know that he is the sign? Because I was in total confusion at that time but when I met him, those bits and pieces just converged and I saw a clearer picture. Love. That was the missing part of me.
What was left of our dinner :)


Now that we are on our wooden anniversary, I am happy that the journey was not as hard. Because I know that I am in a much better place. And this year as we look forward to our wedding, I couldn't get more excited. I am proud to what we have become. A relationship that stood the test of times and hopefully a lifetime.

Comments

Popular Posts