To the Highest Level

Guy proposes marriage to sweetheart aboard flight


We received an overwhelming response when we posted the video on a cute in-flight wedding proposal last August 14. And because of that, we decided to feature the couple, Rolly and Michelle, here on the blog to also share their experience. 
Rolly and Michelle in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
Four years ago, Rolly and Michelle were merely officemates at the Global Services Manila located at Global City, Taguig. As Rolly recalled, Michelle was on a different shift schedule that time when he caught sight of her. There was neither formal introduction nor attempts made by Rolly to introduce him to her. He used the most ingenious idea to approach her, he added Michelle in his Multiply site. How ecstatic and grateful he was when Michelle accepted him.
To start his “moves” Rolly would always comment on Michelle’s pictures. It was like subtle stalker mode on his part. Ahem. Michelle for her part was also curious and Rolly got her attention when he posted, “Type kita, type kita kulutan” (I like you, I like to curl your hair) which is a famous banat (pick-up line). Michelle’s friends further prodded that Rolly had indeed a thing for her.
The couple having sweet moments in Singapore
When Rolly got the strength to invite Michelle for a date, he was again thankful that it was a yes. He recalled that their first meeting was in EDSA Shangri-la. Before the date, Rolly did not waste a sec in researching some of Michelle’s favorite. When he learned that she likes color green, he wore a green top during their date. When Michelle asked why he wore green, he simply beamed and acted innocent while saying, “Wala lang, masama ba magsuot ng green?” (Nothing, is there a problem if I wear green?).
All of Rolly’s efforts were much appreciated by Michelle that when the former used again his ingenious idea of requesting for a relationship status to ‘lifetime partner’, the latter did not hesitate to accept again. As for the both of them, the social networking is just a means to express their love in a unique and unforgettable way.
Here’s the remaining excerpt on my interview with Rolly:
1.                   How long have you been together?
We’ve been together for almost four years now. I got her “YES” answer on October 29, 2008 at Trellis Restaurant, Market! Market!

2.                   How did you know that Michelle was the one?
Actually, I do not have a specific answer but I can describe it as unconditional love. I knew she was the one because I felt it. I cannot give the exact term on what I feel because nothing can describe it. It’s just that I know that I have to do something and make the biggest decision in my life.  I loved her to the extent that I have decided to change my religion from Catholic to Iglesia Ni Cristo. And I did not feel any discomfort or regret.

3.                   You have just made the sweetest gesture to your girlfriend. How did you come up with the idea of proposing in a plane?
This is my first time to fly to Kalibo especially to her hometown so I made this idea to propose in our flight to make it more meaningful. Actually, my idea was to have the ring delivered by the flight crew together with the food that I will order for her during the flight but the attendants said they have a better idea and that is to include the proposal as part of the games they organized. That’s what you saw on the video. Also being a big fan of Adam Sandler and if you happen to know the Wedding Singer movie, you can spot the similarities. The difference is I did not sing.

4.                   How did you feel proposing up in the skies?
It really feels “Heaven”. Haha… I feel like floating in happiness specially that I managed to have a short speech before the proposal. I preferred to play “You and Me” by Lifehouse because we both love that song and the band. I was a bit nervous because it was my first time (of course, haha!). Thank God I had a few experience of talking in front of people so I manage to do that stuff. Only this time was different because I did not know the majority of the audience. It was like up in the air, in front of so many people, and above millions of people beneath us, it was surreal. I even hoped that I have a large microphone and speakers that time so I can proudly say that I wanted to marry my one and only Michelle Cuales.

5.                   Have you thought of the date yet to tie the knot?
For now, we have not decided about it yet. Maybe this will be a long engagement but it depends really. I think that the ideal time may be 2 years from now. We both know our priorities right now and we respect each other’s decision. Anyway, we really are not in a hurry. As long as we’re together, we love each other and people around us are happy we can live with that for now. In case the time comes that we tie the knot, I think your blog will still be part of it and make updates on the status. Thank you so much! J

6.                   Congratulations to the two of you. For sure many viewers of the video were touched by your story. Got anything to say for your future bride?
To my fiancƩe, we have been to many life hurdles, rollercoaster rides and rough roads and I know there are more to come yet. We are not perfect nor our relationship perfect, but nonetheless, I feel so perfect for you because you always made me feel that way. I promise that I will stay the same as I am now. I am not afraid to shout to the skies, to the seas, and to the whole world how proud I am of you and how much I have loved you unconditionally.
Well, there you go folks! I know Michelle’s hair has gone far more than the 27,000 feet because of what Rolly has professed. It is always a fresh detour from our wedding preparations to know people like them. Full of love, passion and brighter hopes for the future. Let’s all cheer for Michelle and Rolly!  :)


If you knew someone who has a unique couple story to tell, our blog is open for your entries. Just e-mail us at beauchedeals@yahoo.com. Include some videos and pictures and have a chance to be featured here.

Comments

  1. Salamat Shellyn! Super nagustuhan ko. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rolly! :D We are looking forward on more news from you. :) Cheers to love and happiness!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts